My heart

The Presence of Love

And in Life's noisiest hour,
There whispers still the ceaseless Love of Thee,
The heart's Self-solace and soliloquy.
You mold my Hopes, you fashion me within ;
And to the leading Love-throb in the Heart
Through all my Being, through my pulse's beat ;
You lie in all my many Thoughts, like Light,
Like the fair light of Dawn, or summer Eve
On rippling Stream, or cloud-reflecting Lake.
And looking to the Heaven, that bends above you,
How oft! I bless the Lot that made you love me.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joanna

In my noisiest hour and in blind darkness,
Even your silence stirs the depths of my being,
for love so strong need not words to convey
the colors of bold passion I feel from a distance in want of presence
Your voice, light shining through my soul,
A prayer's answer it tenders against the chambers of my heart.
And with every pulse's beat, with all my being,
I listen to that familiar song of thee.
Like warming glow spread through your harmony
A light so bright, it guides and offers
You hold my hopes, my desires, and my breath.
I weep at the song of thee.
Tears seeping of joy the heart's delight,
too small to contain the emotion's escape
I know not how such happiness exists
as the love I have for you and you alone
leaves me exposed to the mercy of my heart's ache for you.
My love, my life, I thank God for making you just for me.

 CJR

0 comments:

Post a Comment